Another snowflake from Vida Sunderman's book - this one is called
Victorian Snowflake.
I must admit that at this point I am kind of pushing through to finish the snowflakes in the book and am not really enjoying making them anymore:( I made quite a significant mistake on this one, but I didn't want to start the second round over.
It's hard to see in the scan, but in the bottom left, when I joined the long chain (with the clover on top) instead of joining in next to the short chain, I somehow went
over it. What's really puzzling is that I did that twice! The first time I caught it after I made the small ring and I cut out the ring. I somehow managed to make the exact same mistake, except this time I did not catch it until I was a few repeats past it. At that point I didn't want to start the second round again mainly since I was worried I would run out of thread - I only have one spool of this color.
Made with Kreinik braid No. 4.
Ah, yes, the do-it-yet-again mistake! I am ALWAYS managing to do that one!
ReplyDeleteFox : ))