I may be done with the second round of the 25 motif challenge, but I still have a few snowflakes left to go in Vida Sunderman's book. I thought about stopping, but I cannot bring myself to do so, especially since all the metallic thread has been ordered!
It has been a long time since I worked with metallic thread and I forgot how careful you have to be when closing rings. I almost snapped the thread closing the first few rings...
This snowflakes includes what I think are called victorian sets. I don't have much experience with those sets, but it definitely gets lost in metallic thread! I suspect they would work best with thicker threads. I also misread the initial instructions so the first chain is too long. Since it is not all that obvious, I am happy I decided to leave it as is - otherwise this would never have been completed.
Made with Kreinik braid No. 4.
Nice snowflake!! :)
ReplyDelete