Wednesday, August 20, 2014

No. 7



A small pattern from one of my Japanese books.

I was very intrigued by the overlapping chains.  Looking through book it seemed easy enough to do and I guess it is, if you work with larger thread.  If I recall correctly, the book used size 20 thread and it looks like a shuttle can pass through with no problem.  When you switch to size 80 though, that is no longer the case!  I tried various things with no success and finally had to break down and order one of these celtic shuttles from Handy Hands.  Not that I really mind an excuse to try a new shuttle!

I hate to say it, but these shuttles are a pain to use!  Maybe because I'm not used to it, but I had a hard time maneuvering the shuttle.  More practice, I guess.

Made with DMC special dentelles size 80 in ecru.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a very good try to me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same book and also thought it looked easy and tried with size 80 thread. I tried to make a thin shuttle, but it was a bit halfhearted and so I've still not completed my version. I am very impressed with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm - did my comment get eaten?
    I also have this book, and thought this pattern looked easy. I also tried it in size 80 thread, and made a halfhearted attempt at making a thin shuttle. You succeeded where I have failed! I didn't say this in the comment that got eaten but now I feel obliged to have another go.

    ReplyDelete