Friday, January 31, 2014

Archives - No. 1



This pattern may look familiar to anyone that actually reads (and remembers!) what they see in my blog.  It is a previous version of this pattern.

Last weekend I decided to scan all my lace.  If I'm already going through the work of scanning everything, I might as well post some of it!

I didn't kept track of the lace I made when I first started so I have no idea when exactly this piece was made.  Remembering I got sick of this pattern early on, this must be one of my earlier pieces of lace, but definitely not the first one.

The major difference between this piece and the piece I made just over a year ago is the thread used.  The thread used here is thicker and stiffer than the thread I have been using recently.  Although the thread I use now is finer, I do like the look of this one.  It is also better suited to the pattern.  While making this piece last year I kept thinking the thread is too fine for the pattern.  Now that I directly compared the two, it is even more obvious.

I would also like to think my technique has improved as well!  I think the corners are now smoother and the overall tension is better.  At least that's what I tell myself:)

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe you did two of them! I cannot see the difference because the other one is in black and white, which in my opinion shows it very well. Can you manipulate the colour here to make it a better comparison? To the lace-ignorant it is difficult to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete