Sunday, July 21, 2013

Motif No. 45



No. 45 in the 25 motif challenge (round 2) is Daisy Snowflake from Vida Sunderman's book Tatted Snowflakes.  I quite like the finished product, but I was a bit surprised at how it is made.  The whole motif is made with chains only!  If I were to make it again, I would probably try to make the center florette with rings instead.  Granted the rings would be pretty big, but I think it would look better.  Since I was using metallic thread, all chains was probably a better option though.

Another thing I learned is that unlike making a florette with all rings, you don't have to fold over the florette when making the last joint.  I tried to do it that way, but it was not the best choice.  The funny thing is that I didn't even think about how I should make it, since I am so used to making these kinds of florettes with rings.

Overall a cute pattern:)

Made with Kreinik braid No. 4.  This thread also had more of a tendency to split than I am used to with Kreinik.  It was not as bad as the last motif I made though.

No comments:

Post a Comment