Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Little Turtle



I saw a turtle made from this pattern (or a very similar pattern) online a looooong time ago.  At that time I was unsuccessful in chasing down the pattern, although I did think about figuring out my own variation.  Things got in the way and I forgot about the turtle and obviously didn't even think about trying to wing the pattern.

Within the last year or so I found this pattern in the free patterns section on Handy Hand's website!  I suddenly remembered that this turtle caught my eye a while back.  I still didn't jump at the opportunity to make it, but I did keep it in the back of my mind.  Earlier this summer when I was buying thread, I decided to also pick up Lizbeth size 40 in medium leaf green (I think, I may have the name of the color wrong).  Even though I had the thread in my hands, it still took me a while to get around to making it.  In fact I first used the thread to make a cicada.

It was only after deciding to make the cicada, that I realized I had bought size 40 thread instead of size 20!  I like size 20 better anyways so the biggest loss is that the annual cicada is the same size as the periodic cicada.

Made with size 40 Lizbeth thread and random brown and black seed beads from my stash.  The turtle measures just under 1 inch in length.  (I also think the black seed beads are a bit big and this turtle has very bug-like eyes...)

2 comments: