This is one of the first bobbin lace patterns I made. When looking through my lace box a few weeks ago, I realized that I no longer have any a finished example of this patter. I made quite a few when I first started making lace, but apparently gave them all away. This was mad for old time's sake.
I no longer know what thread was wound on the bobbins, but it was the thread I initially used. It was so thick it felt like working with rope! It does provide a nice crisp finished product though. It feels starched.
I remember when it took me a long time to complete this pattern. Now, quite a few years after I last made it, it only took me about ten days. Even then, most of it was completed during weekends. I think I managed only one evening of bobbin lace during the week while this was on my pillow.
Although it was a nice change of pace making this pattern, I don't foresee myself making it again unless I had a special request for it. Since that is highly unlikely, it was kind of bitter sweet making it again.
Well, I think your bobbin lace doily is brilliant! Wishing I had enough bobbin lace "know-how" to create one of these myself. (Only two beginner lessons in Torchon so far.)
ReplyDeleteSo pretty!
Lovely, Mica!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
Fox : )