Apparently Blogger still hasn't fixed the bug with uploading images and I still have to go through the HTML screen. Good thing I mentioned what the fix was the first time I ran into this problem or I would have to figure it out again.
This is "Ikebana" from Idrija Lace by Bridget Cook and Metka Tratnik. It is just over 7 inches tall. Overall it was a fairly fun little pattern to make. The little flowers are the cutest but were also probably the fiddliest to make.
Patterns like this leave me puzzled. Not that I use doilies or hankies or whatever, but at least they have a potential use. This pattern is pretty much meant to be framed, which is not something I do. In the end it does not matter, it will reside in my box of lace regardless of its intended purpose.
This is such a lovely design in bobbin lace! I admire your ability to do so many different kinds of lace. We always seem to think we should 'do something' with the things we make, but there is a famous quote that says "The journey not the arrival matters". I always feel that our hobbies are, if nothing else, a pleasant way to spend time and also a way to relax (sometimes!) and to learn new techniques.
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely pattern. I'm the same as you, very often - wondering what on earth to do with my tatting, but I think Kathy is right. For me it's all about the journey. (Happy new year!)
ReplyDelete