Sunday, September 30, 2012

September Challenge - recap


I am happy to say that I managed to meet my September challenge.  It is definitely the reason I completed Blossom in Honeycomb in one month.

Initially I had considered the challenge to be making lace every day.  I am glad that I reconsidered and set it at five days per week.  As it was, it sometimes felt like a chore to sit at my pillow.  If I had to do it every day, I know I would not have met the challenge.  Over all though, once I started making lace I worked longer than I initially thought I would.  It's also amazing how much can be completed in 15 or even 10 minutes.

Although the challenge was successful, I will not continue or even modify it for the next month.  Some modifications I considered were decreasing the days per week I would have to make lace or incorporating a different lace into the challenge.

I hope now that I am well over the summer hiatus, I will not need an external motivator like the challenge to get me to sit and make some lace on a regular basis.  Not having to make lace on weeknights will also be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment