This is the piece I have been working on during my September challenge. It is "Blossom in Honeycomb" from
Idrija Lace.
Overall it was a quick piece to make. I made the flower and leaves first, and by the time I got around to making the outer frame, it was a perfect piece for the challenge, since the frame is pretty mindless bobbin lace!
The last time I made a honeycomb frame I had said that I would use pins to keep it in shape. I decided not to use pins after all. It's not perfect, but it is not far off from the pattern either as was evidenced by comparing the honeycomb mesh to the pricking.
The one thing I am unhappy about is that I snapped a thread working on the ground. You can see a knot in the lower right hand side. I didn't want to go back and undo a lot of the ground to repair it. Since the piece is not meant as a gift, I can live with that.
The next pattern is already on my pillow.
That sure is pretty. And very complicated looking! Well done!
ReplyDeleteFox : ))