Sunday, February 27, 2011

Motif No. 34


Motif No. 34 for 25 motif challenge - round 2.

Shown above is the last - 24th day of December from Bjørn's 24 Snowflakes in Tatting.

The final pattern is pretty, but I was ready to be done with this snowflake soon after I started it. I managed not to snap the threads, but I cringed every time I had to close a ring. You can also tell I wasn't really into it, because I actually made the center ring separately instead of climbing out out if with a split ring. I just didn't want to worry about having to snap a thread while closing a split ring. None of that matters now - the snowflake is done:)

I can't believe I am done with the book! It took a little over 2 years and a lot of patience splitting the skeins of DMC thread! Seriously, I think splitting the skeins was my least favorite part of using this thread. For most of the snowflakes, I split the skein each month before I started a new color. I split the last three colors in one evening though just to get it all over with!

Made with 1 strand DMC metallic floss, the snowflake measures ~ 2.5 inches.

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty colored snowflake!
    Congratulations of tatting all those lovely snowflakes in that book!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I would never tat that many snowflakes with 1 strand of metallic! I think I tried it once and decided it was too much for me. I admire your diligence and the snowflakes are beautiful. I'd love to see pic of all of them together.

    ReplyDelete