Motif No. 33 for 25 motif challenge.
Shown above is the 23 day of December from Bjørn's 24 Snowflakes in Tatting which I completed earlier this month.
These spiral chains may look pretty, but they are kind of pain to make with metallic thread. I had to keep letting the shuttles untwist otherwise I'm sure the thread would have snapped. Sewing one chain to the other without a picot was also difficult with the metallic thread.
Made with 1 strand DMC metallic floss.
What is the final size? I really admire your dedication to see it through with that thread. The results are very impressive. I'm afraid I just don't have a lot of patience for thread issues.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like it would be tough to tat, but I think you have done a great job!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you both!
ReplyDeleteEliz - the snowflake is about 3 inches point to point.