Tuesday, December 21, 2010

teneriffe - part IV


My last attempt at finding a good way of making teneriffe lace. This was made on my bobbin lace pillow. As I had begun to suspect, this is the easiest way of making the lace. The web was still under a lot of tension as I was working, but at least I wasn't worried about the fabric tearing like I did when using an embroidery hoop! Working on the pillow was closest to working on a cork pad, but luckily the pillow had more give than the cork did.

For completeness sake, here is a comparison of the same medallion made 4 ways. From left to right:

-bobbin lace pillow
-fabric on embroidery hoop
-yogurt lid
-cork pad

The difference between medallions isn't huge, I think it has more to do with what is easier to work. The easier it is to work, the more likely I am to pick it up again:)

1 comment:

  1. Something about those just capture my attention. They are quite nice! :)

    ReplyDelete