I made this for friends of ours that recently got married. The pattern is "Interlocking Hearts" from Weddings, Christening and Anniversaries in Lace - or something like that, I don't have the book in front of me.
You are supposed to make 2 hearts and interlock them before finishing off the second one. It looks quite nice when done - I had done that once before for a wedding gift. This time, I didn't have enough time to make both. Just one heart is still pretty though - at least I think so:)
I have not worked any torchon lace in 4 years. Even before then, I never did much torchon so it was slow going at first. It's a nice pattern to work though. The only problem I had was the top point of the heart, which I didn't get until the second try. The bottom point posed no problems and I got through it on the first try.
This is sooo beautiful. I wish I can learn bobbin lace.
ReplyDeleteYou are a virtuoso of lace! you are talented in everything! you will look great, your friends will be happy to receive it. what is the measure of the heart? did you use the linen thread? many years ago I've learned "tombolo aquilano", it's a pretty nice lace I think, may be it will be the next challenge for you to try! Love & Merry Christmas, Ninetta
ReplyDelete