Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Rounded flat braid


I finally finished the last braid in the Japanese Braiding book by Jacqui Carey that I've been using to learn the basics of Kumihimo. This was started quite a while ago, but soon after starting it I put it away and didn't touch until recently. Once I got into it again, it was quite addictive! The braid has quite a nice flow to it and it was hard to put down.

This is the first braid I made from the book that called for 3 colors. It's hard to tell from the scan, but I used dark blue, light pink and light green. Yeah I know, horrible colors! I'm still using the cheap crochet thread I have.

All in all the kumihimo braids were fun to make, but I still don't know what I could do with them. Not to mention that they would require a lot of practice before they would be nice enough that could do something with them.

It's a fun diversion, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment