Here we go again with Teneriffe. As I mentioned in my last Teneriffe post, I still have not come up with a good way to work this lace. The yogurt lid was definitely superior to the cork pad. In fact, I got rid of the cork pad so I wouldn't be tempted to keep trying it!
This time I worked the foundation on fabric held in an embroidery loop. It worked OK, I guess. The hoop I used was larger than the yogurt lid and therefore a bit more difficult to handle. I should also have used a sturdier fabric in the loop - I think I ripped a few holes in mine while working.
Overall it's still not my favorite method of working - I simply don't like having to pull the thread through the stitches to lay down the rays. It's so much easier to go around pins!
It did force me not to work so tightly though, which may be an advantage, I don't know.
Shown above is a comparison of the three ways of working. Left to right:
-embroidery hoop
-yogurt lid
-cork pad
It's really hard to say which is actually the nicest. It doesn't help that I think the thread is too fine for the pattern.
Made with DMC Special Dentelles 80 in ecru.
I have to admit I haven't been as enthused about doing teneriffe as other laces. I keep thinking I just haven't found the right shape or design but who knows? Maybe someday. Your samples here are all very good.
ReplyDelete