Monday, November 29, 2010

Rosette


This is another little motif I worked on and off for a month, then it sat waiting for the ends to be sewn in for another month... It's my own pattern - if I can call it that. Since it's really similar to many other rosette patterns, I don't particularly care to call it my own! I'm not too crazy with the rings in the center though. They seem off.

Made with DMC Special Dentelles 80 in ecru.

5 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty design. The inner rings can easily be 'tweaked'!

    I'm always impressed by all the different needlework projects you take on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's very pretty. If you're not happy with the center, I think moving the picots may help. If the rings are 5-5-5-5 now, try making them 6-4-4-6.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you everyone! I do plan on tweaking the inner rings - I Just haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Aside from moving the picots, I think slightly smaller rings would work better. These just look way too big!

    ReplyDelete