Saturday, July 31, 2010

July Progress

Bobbin Lace:
Honiton continues. I'm still making decent progress on the pattern. I worked on it a lot the first and last weeks of the month. Most of the harder parts are now finished and it should be fairly straightforward from here on out. I was hoping to have it done by the end of the summer, but I'm not sure that will happen. I have no real deadline for it though, and I'm still enjoying the pattern which is all that matters.

Tatting:
Most of my tatting time was spent plugging away on my large WIP. It's amazing how much I can get done just while waiting for dinner to grill! I finished one round - 4 or 5 to go. I don't recall exactly how many rounds there are... I also finished a motif for the 25 motif challenge. I still need to sew in the ends before I can scan it. Hopefully I will be able to post a scan soon.

Needle lace:
I actually picked it up a few times this month. At one point I was all set to start the cordonnette, but it's a good thing I flipped through the needle lace book before starting. It turns out the bars should be done before the cordonnette! Those worked up fairly quickly and then I was able to start the cordonnette. I can't wait to see how the finished pattern looks!

I still haven't started the reticella-style needle lace medallion that I've been eyeing since early in the year... At this point it looks like I will finish the mat first and then start the medallion.

Teneriffe:
Nothing this month.

Knotted lace:
It was still on my side table! I picked it up again and spent quite a bit of time on my current project. The tension still needs a lot of help though. It's a fun little lace to make and I really should pick it up more often!


No comments:

Post a Comment