
This is Snowflake 11 from 24 Snowflakes in Tatting. It was a fun pattern to make - until I got to the end. The pattern is very pretty , but when I came to the last repeat, I realized that it would bowl severely. My camera is broken so I cannot show just how badly it bowls. Too bad.
The snowflake was made using 1 thread of a DMC metallic skein. It was an absolute dream to work with! Easy to split, easy to tat with and of course, a lovely, lovely color!
Precious! I like it alot. looks like the scanner beat it into submission lol.
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! How will you adjust your stitch counts to compensate for the bowl effect? Or will you block and move on?
ReplyDeleteKrystle - thanks! It does look all right on the scanner, that's why I wanted to actually take a photo to show just how badly it bowls.
ReplyDeleteIsdihara - I don't plan on remaking these again. There are so many other patterns that behave that I don't want to fool around with changing stitch counts. I will move on - without even blocking it:)
Well, you may not like it much, but it certainly looks very delicate and pretty here!
ReplyDeleteFox : )
Very pretty!
ReplyDelete