This is the latest little knotted lace motif I made. My book has 7 patterns for motifs and it looks like I am slowly making my way through them for practice. I am not going in order though. Two of the motifs are shown in this post. They are motifs no. 1 (blue) and 4 (ecru).
The one I just finished was motif no. 2. I think *slooooowly* the tension is getting better. The last two motifs did not have any of the "more advanced" stitches though - like closed loops and bows. Those might prove to be more problematic simply due to a lack of practice.
The biggest problem with this motif was that I wasn't actually paying attention to the directions, so I messed up on all the bridging loops and carry-up loops and what not. Sigh, more things to pay attention to...
I am slightly more optimistic about actually being able to make this lace look pretty!
Worked with DMC Cebelia no. 30 in ecru.
Very pretty! It looks delicate like a web!
ReplyDelete