Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ott lamp

I finally have an Ott lamp! I have read and heard nothing but good things about Ott lamps, but I was a bit put off by the models that I saw. I really didn't like the lamps I saw - the ones with the attached magnifiers and long light portions. I am sure they are very useful and functional, but I'd rather have something that looks pretty! Lately though, I've been noticing that I need a better light in the salon where I do most of the needlework. The lights are just too dim for me to work comfortably in the evening. Especially when using fine or dark thread. A few weeks ago I decided to take a look at Jo Anne's Fabric, mainly because I wanted to see how much they cost. I figured if it would make my eyes happier, I might even put up with a not-so-cute lamp. I was very, very surprised (and happy!) to see that they have some really cute ones!

Luckily this past weekend there was a 40% off coupon for Jo Anne's in the paper, so last night I decided to put it to good use. I am now a happy owner of a Ott Lexington floor lamp. It's so cute and the light it gives off is also fantastic. I haven't "really" put it to use yet - hopefully this weekend.

On my way home last night I realized that with the coupon, an Ott lamp is really not that pricey at all. I have another floor lamp that I am pretty sure cost more than I paid for this one (and it's not even an Ott!). I learned that it's worth investing a bit more in lamps. I had a really cheap floor lamp that the movers broke in one of our moves. I'm sure it broke because it was so poorly made and not because they mishandled it.

Lace content: hm, not much. I'm tatting something on a deadline. What's frustrating is that I knew about this for quite a while, but I didn't think of making anything until fairly recently. Then it took me a while to decide to actually do it, a little longer to actually order the thread, and now I have a tight deadline. I'll show it when it's done.

I finished only 1 of the 2 challenge motifs for the month of Aug. Oops. I did finish another item though. Pictures will be posted as soon as I scan them in. Well, first I have to work in the ends...

No comments:

Post a Comment