Turns out my assumptions were pretty much spot on. Well, I no longer mind making long chains. Between this doily and Arches, I've gotten over my dislike of making long chains. However, I do wish there was more stability in the outer three rounds. I know it's not blocked right now, but I don't think just blocking it would give it enough stability. Maybe heavy starching? Overall it's a lovely pattern, I just like things to be more stable once they are done.
Most of the doilies that I have out (um, that would be 3 total) have something resting on them. One sits under a lamp, one sits under a candle, and one is in the center of the coffee table with nothing on it. Since my favorite part about the RR doily is the center, I wouldn't want to put anything on it! That makes it even less likely that I would actually use it. I'm glad I made it though.
Made with DMC Special Dentelles 80 in white.
Even though we had only a three day weekend, it seemed like I had been home much longer than that. It must be because I got a lot done. Yesterday after raking, we even went to one of the local fairs. Whatever the reason, I had at some point lost track of days.
Very Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteOH I so love this doily! I still have mine from last year waiting at the round where the chains start...not sure why exactly it's stopped there mostly it is the dread of the chains, part fear of not making them even, part hating how raw my pinky gets from chaining! I really should get it out and finish it though! I hate leaving things unfinished for so long. Anyway thanks for the motivational push to get it out!
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful doily, and I don't blame you for wanting to see the entire doily and not hide the center. You can always mount it in a frame or attach it to a throw pillow. It's a true work of art that should be displayed!
ReplyDeleteWe also had beautiful weather over the weekend, here in Western PA. I'm amused at your desire to rake leaves! My left arm very much dislikes that kind of activity. After 'leaf' season, my arm heals just in time to use the snow shovel!
Also - glad you got an Ott light, especially on sale!
This is so very pretty! This is one of my favorite tatted doily patterns if not THE favorite of mine! Nice work! I'll bet it's so lovely and dainty looking in person in size 80!
ReplyDelete~TattingChic ♥