Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sneak Preview



As I mentioned in my last post, I really don't have much to show these days. It's not the lack of making lace - both bobbin and tatting, I just haven't finished anything in a while.

Here is a sneak preview of what's been taking most of my time these days. The scan didn't turn out too well, but both medallions are light blue. I'm using DMC Cebelia 30 , which is so thick that it feels like rope! I am tempted to use it to stake up my tomatoes! It's especially jarring when I switch between this project and the one where I am using DMC 100. It should be finished by the end of the week, so hopefully I will post it next weekend.

There are I think 2 projects that are almost done. By almost, I mean the tatting is done, I just need to sew in the ends and scan them. Hopefully I will get around to that either this weekend or next week.

I'm still working on my Honiton piece. I made quite a bad mistake last night, but I really did not want to undo it. I will just think of it as a "learning experience".

I hope everyone in the US is enjoying their 3 day weekend! The weather here is beyond beautiful and I plan to spend most of the weekend playing in the yard. I am determined to even rake for the first time this season! Even if it's just 5 leaves:) My rakes are calling me. (I should probably mention that raking is my all time favorite yard work chore. Especially late in the fall, when it's already cool and crisp.) My mower is calling me now.

1 comment:

  1. The 3 day weekend is almost over....wahhhhhhh!
    LOL!

    Your motifs are nice.

    ~TattingChic ♥

    ReplyDelete