
I had the best intentions when I started this pattern again. Well, they were mostly justifications. It was late and the pricking was on my pillow so rather than prepare a new pricking, I started the old one again. I really did think it would be a good idea. I figured I would be able to concentrate on the technique without worrying about the pattern. After all, I had just completed it! Unfortunately the idea backfired big time. First of all, I mainly worked on this lace late at night when the pricking was swimming on my pillow! Second, about halfway through the pattern, I decided I was sick of it, so it sat on my poor pillow untouched for a few weeks. Third since I worked on it late at night, I didn't really focus on the technique at all. As a result, there are quite a few mistakes in it:( Lesson learned. I hope! The funny thing is that I can tell which one I made first and which one I made second. For the most part, the one I made second actually looks worse to my eye than the one I made first. However when I showed the two flowers side by side to my husband, he correctly guessed what order I made them in! He focused on the filling in the flower. The second one was marginally better. It's just funny because I see all the other mistakes and he focused on the one that that I guess stands out to a non-lacemaker.
If nothing else, I got some good practice adding bobbins. For some reason I kept snapping threads when I started working the pattern the second time. Also, sewings were much easier. I still do them with a pin though. I was able to do them all with a pin and did not have to resort to the magic thread trick at all. Having a spare flower will come in handy when I have to send a get-well card or something:)
In case anyone is wondering, the one on the right was made first and the one on the left was made second.
I should have more things to post soon. I dyed more thread, but have yet to take a picture and I have just finished/will finish soon some tatting.
No comments:
Post a Comment