Saturday, October 24, 2009

Motif No. 18


Wow. It's been over a month since I lasted posted! I hadn't realized it's been this long... After finishing my nephew's slippers, I went an a tatting sabbatical for a while. I've since picked up my shuttles, but have worked mostly on my long-term projects. Another words, not much to show! (And yes, my nephew is indeed a nephew!)

Motif No. 18 was finished late in August, but I just finished the ends today. The pattern is Lacy Snowflake from Tatted Snowflakes and was made using Kreinik braid No. 4. The construction of the pattern is quite interesting and it was fun to make. As a bonus, it tatted up quickly. I loooooooooove the color too. It's a perfect warm, chocolate brown metallic color.

It's a beyond gross day today. Rain all day. The leaves in the yard are taunting me, but as much as I love raking, even I refuse to rake in the rain! Tomorrow is supposed to be nicer. I guess one day of raking is better than none, but I would prefer two!

4 comments:

  1. I guess because I live in a desert, I appreciate every drop of rain we get. It goes to show how a person's circumstances affect their perspectives and attitudes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may come rake my leaves! :-)

    I pay in hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty snowflake. I just tatted the same one this past week!

    ReplyDelete