One WIP completed! As expected this does not lie flat, but I am happy with it nonetheless. It has been long time coming!
I am not sure what I have mentioned about this piece so far, but it is made with variegated sewing thread. The stickers on the spool of thread have long since fallen off so I have no idea what kind of thread it is. I believe it is 100% cotton, but that is going by my memory only. I started this ~ 11 years ago when my husband and I lived apart. He often visited on the weekends and I dreaded Sunday afternoon when he would have to drive back to his place. I started this one such afternoon after he left and the change in colors kept me preoccupied which in turn made the time fly by. I completed the first few rounds in the time it took him to reach his home. I then worked on it on and off. It's fairly repetitive, but the color changes make it interesting.
The pattern is from a Russian book, but since I don't read Russian, I don't know the title or the author. The patterns are all diagrammed so not speaking/reading the language is not a problem.
~ 5.5 inches in diameter

It is beautiful piece of work I would wet it and pin it out if you have the time. And the story reminded me of an old movie called "Ulysses (1954) with Kirk Douglas" Do you know this one :)
ReplyDeleteThe colours do make this doily precious & interesting to tat !
ReplyDeleteBeautiful
Great doily!!! :) I love the colors!! :)
ReplyDelete