Sunday, June 5, 2016

Aemilia ars flower



A long time ago I saw the link with instructions on how to make this little Aemilia ars flower.  I am not sure it is still available - I tried looking for it while making this flower, but was unable to find it.  Granted my knowledge of Italian is very limited, which may be the reason I couldn't find it.

because my print out overlapped a photo with some of the text.

This is the first time I tried to make this type of lace.  The instructions I followed are pretty clear, but I did fill in any questions I had with my very limited knowledge of other needle laces.  About halfway through the tutorial, I noticed that my printout overlapped a photo with text.  I thought it was a pretty critical piece so I had to improvise my way around it.  In the end I am fairly happy with the flower except for the center.  I am not sure I completed that correctly.  More importantly though, I don't like the way it looks.  I look forward to making more of this lace with some better instructions.  I see that there are several books available for aemilia ars.  I think I like the lace enough to get one and make more pieces.

I am not sure exactly what kind of thread I used for this lace.  I had wound some mystery thready on an embroidery floss card.  At first I thought it was maybe left over DMC 100, however I now think it was one of the left over threads from bobbin lace.  I really should label the threads when I wind them on a card!  I think it is similar weight to DMC 80.

The flower measures just under 2.5 inches in diameter.

3 comments:

  1. se hai bisogno io sono italiana . Hai fatto uno splendido lavoro

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of lace is this beautiful flower is it tatting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. no è un tipo di pizzo che fanno a Bologna in Italia http://www.aemilia-ars.it/

    ReplyDelete