Another completed WIP! This one was not on my shuttles for too long - I only started it ~ 2 years ago. This is one of Jan Stawasz patterns and very enjoyable to make!
For some reason I decided to work on the motifs and the frame at the same time. This made for some very fiddly work with extra shuttles getting in the way! I am not sure why I decided to do that, but it is something I never want to do again! I also made this with Lizbeth size 80 thread to try it out. It's OK, but not as good as DMC 80, which is still the gold standard as far as I am concerned. I don't recall the color of the thread. I thought it was natural, but it may have been ecru. Since I wasn't too thrilled with the tread and I didn't remember what color I ordered, I pretty much had to stop at this size. It may be a good thing too, since it gave me an artificial size limit. Otherwise I may have kept on going since I really like the pattern.
Finished pieces measures ~ 6 x 9 inches.

Wow, that is absolutely stunning". Congrats!
ReplyDeleteCan't believe you did this in size 80! Lovely work, and a mesmerizing pattern - and an heirloom piece!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on finishing it!
Wow this is impressive and beautiful to see! Congradulations!
ReplyDeleteWow, that's beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteIt's very lovely. I agree about the Lizbeth and DMC 80 threads. The DMC tats up much better for me and slides more easily.
ReplyDeleteStunning work of art!!! :)
ReplyDelete