Friday, January 8, 2016

Monster Hat II



This is the second monster hat I made for Christmas.  I followed the same pattern as for my previous two monster hats.  Obviously the base and spike colors are different.  Although I was initially very much partial to the blue and orange one, I really like this one as well!

For some reason the eye and spikes ended up a bit wonky and uneven on this hat.  It is fairly obvious when you lay it flat, but not too obvious when it is on a little boy's head.  Besides, everyone knows that monsters are not perfectly symmetrical!

This monster hat went to a two year old boy.  He loves is so much that he wears it all the time and even went to sleep with in on the first night!  So gratifying:)  I told my friend that with him being such an enthusiastic recipient, he will be first on my list the next time I get the urge to make a silly hat!

Crocheted with Red Heart Soft.

Below is the sneak preview for the third hat I made.


2 comments:

  1. Aww - it's really nice that these hats are so loved! And so cute. You're really good actually finishing in time for Christmas. My heart is always in the right place with making Christmas gifts, but my hands? Not so much.
    (Maybe we should start on next years presents now?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mica!

    Happy 2016! Hope you had a great holiday season.

    Hats look great! Almost...almost ... make me want to pick up my crochet hooks!
    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete