Not too long ago (towards the end of November, I believe) I stumbled upon this monster hat crochet pattern. It really reminded me of my 2 year old nephew for some reason:)
This is the first time I have ever crochet something other than a small motif. It was also the first time I made a hat. I did have a bit of a hard time deciding to crochet a hat since I grew up with knit hats, never crochet. Since I had never made a hat before, I decided to follow the pattern as written and not to try and come up with something knitted. I'm sure I could have used any basic knit hat pattern for the hat itself, but I was not about to figure out how to knit the eye and the spikes!
I had considered other colors, but in the end decided to go with the same colors as the original pattern. Most of my nephew's winter outerwear is blue and his favorite color is orange.
Made with Red Heart Soft and size H crochet hook.
Happy holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment