This is Miniature Snowflake from
Tatted Snowflakes by Vida Sunderman made with Kreinik braid No. 4. I was running out of thread on my shuttle towards the end so in the final clover, I decreased the size of each ring by 2 stitches. It may not sound like much, but if I had not done that, I would have run out of thread in the last ring. I was not about to add thread for one ring if I could help it!
The one change I made in execution of the pattern is that I threw the center ring off one of the first chain. It seemed like starting with the center ring like the pattern calls for would make make it hard to sew in the ends.
The snowflake measures just over 1 inch across.
I recently purchased this book, and I love your idea to throw the ring instead of tying and cutting so much. I have passed over several of the patterns because I couldn't see a way to climb out of a round on them--darn if I'm going to sew in ends 4 or 5 times on a single project that is 3 inches in diameter!
ReplyDelete