Sunday, February 10, 2013

Another small bobbin lace mat




I started this little mat right at the end of last year and managed to complete it fairly quickly.  I have never made this pattern before, but it is similar to a larger piece that I have made a few times in the past.

Now the patterns is off the pillow, I can say I like it, but I was not saying that while making it.  It was not much fun to work at all!  The pattern is not well drawn out so it seems like every quarter was worked slightly differently.  I also tried working the corners using different methods and still am not sure of the best way for each corner.  It does not help that in most cases the corner that wold make the most sense cannot be used due to the way the pattern is drawn.

The piece is ~ 5 in in diameter.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! That is beautiful!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful piece! One day I want to learn bobbin lace. Finally, I got a cookie pillow. Now, just need to find the time and courage to venture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I can't even begin to imagine how you make a piece like that with bobbin lace. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete