Saturday, January 21, 2012

Puncetto


I finally finished this square on Dec. 31. I picked it up fairly late in the evening and as I started working on it, I realized that I had forgotten how addicting puncetto is!

I almost didn't post this square because of all the mistakes. The first mistake was made pretty much as soon as I was done with the base row, but at that point I didn't want to throw it out and start all over. I kept making mistakes over the next two rows so I put it down for a long time. As in, I started in May and picked it up again in late Dec.

Part of the reason I let it languish so long was all the mistakes it contained. I just couldn't bring myself to continue working on it any more. The mistakes were actually what made me pick it up again. Since I had not done any puncetto in such a long time, I wasn't sure how much I would even remember. Since the square was already a lost cause, it didn't seem like I had much to lose if my tension was all out of whack.

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I remembered! Granted I did look at my book to make sure I was making the stitches correctly (and didn't even try to figure it out on my own beforehand!), but as soon as I saw the diagrams, it all came back to me. Even the tension wasn't that hard. You can see that I am out of practice, but it was by no means as bad as when I first started out.

Made with DMC Cebelia 30 in ecru.

2 comments:

  1. Every time I see your puncetto work it makes me want to try it again! You might only see mistakes, but I really love the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look up Puncetto on the internet, and found a video that showed how it is done. I don't think I'll be trying it soon! The finished result is amazing, but seems quite labor-intensive! I applaud your finishing this piece, even though it may be imerfect!

    ReplyDelete