Monday, April 25, 2011

Teneriffe D


I finished this motif a few weeks ago, but didn't scan it until this past weekend. I think the pattern makes it very obvious that I am using thread way too thin for the pattern... I really don't want to switch to thicker thread though.

I still am not sure what I think of teneriffe lace. I like it once it's done, but I'm kind of neutral about making it. I guess I'm not *that* neutral since I pull it out every few weeks though! I think my ambivalence has a lot to do with how loose the final work is. It seems like pulling at it even a bit makes all the knots pull out of shape. Now I don't really do anything with my lace, so it shouldn't bother me, but it does. The mismatch between pattern and thread probably has a lot do with that though. Or maybe that's how this lace is? I have never had a chance to actually see (much less handle!) a piece of teneriffe.

I guess for the time being, I will enjoy making a little medallion now and again.

Made with DMC Special Dentelles 80 in ecru.

No comments:

Post a Comment