Monday, April 11, 2011

Puncetto


I finished this little square late last month. It is a relatively simple square consisting of "medium squares".* Now that I've made more puncetto, I've decided that I much prefer the "smal squares" to the "medium" or "large". The smaller the squares, the easier to keep the tension - at least in my hands.

The new thing in this square is the border, which is a bit more finished than what I've been doing in all my other pieces. As you can see, the tensions is all over the place. Figuring out how to tension during the motif most obviously does not translate to figuring out the tension in the border! It also took me about half the motif to figure out how to do the picots, or little decorative knots or whatever they are called. Granted, the photo in the book was quite clear, but it was late, I was tired and I didn't put in nearly enough effort to figure it out earlier. It's amazing how much difference it makes when you actually have the energy to focus on directions, especially if you are doing something new:) You can see that the top and right hand side have the little decorative blips and the left side and bottom do not. Looks better with the blips!

The only other thing to note here is in the top left corner, I omitted the final arc of the edging. I couldn't be bothered to figure out how to add it at that point...

*"small square" refers to the size of the mesh squares in the motif. Same for "medium" and "large"squares. The terminology is not related directly to the size of the motif.

2 comments:

  1. lovely stuff

    I thought of your blog when I saw this post
    http://sleeptalkinman.blogspot.com/2011/04/apr-20-2011.html

    ReplyDelete