Another motif in my series of Teneriffe lace.
I must still be doing something wrong - the threads are under a lot of tension when I work the center so everything gets pulled out of alignment as I work. In this case, I did the outer row of knots before filling in the blocks which I think was a mistake. If I were to remake this motif, I would do the block filling first and then do the outer row of knots. I am not sure it would look all that better when done, but it would probably be easier to work. Because of the order I worked this in, it pulled the squares for the blocks out of shape. I ended up trying to fill in rhomboid shapes...
I still suspect I have a mismatch between the size of the motif/filling and the size of the thread I am using. I prefer working with smaller thread though, so I will most likely stick with size 80.
Made with DMC Special Dentelles DMC 80 in ecru.
No comments:
Post a Comment