Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bobbin Lace Star II


As I've mentioned before, I like having a second bobbin lace pillow on the go to make something small while working on my larger project. In addition to finishing a small project, I really, really like working with this metallic thread. Maybe I shouldn't say I like working with the thread - I certainly really, really like the results! So sparkly!

This is another snowflake from Geklöppelte Weihnachtssterne and one of the few ones that does not involve petals. I thought it would be faster to make without the petals, but I'm not so sure that was the case. I also think this thread is way too thin for the pattern. It didn't matter so much for the other snowflakes, but it's quite obvious in this pattern. Good thing the patterns were inadvertently shrunk at some point! It would have looked even worse had the pattern been made with the originally sized pricking.

The star measures 4 inches point to point.


1 comment: