Sunday, August 15, 2010

Inspired by Fox and Tatskool - Chiclets


As I am prone to doing, when looking to start a new motif, I tend to pick up whatever shuttles are wound with thread - wether I like the thread or not. I had been inspired to make this motif ever since seeing it on Fox's blog.

It's actually an adaptation of Lyn Morton's design. Fox had made one modification, which I liked more than the original pattern as well so I incorporated it into my motif. I then made a second accidental modification. It's not major, but I do like the way it turned out, so I will continue to make it that way from now on. There is also one mistake in there that I have no intentions of reproducing. It's obviously a mistake! (I shortened one of the chains when I forgot a picot. It most definitely does not look nice.)

Yes, I will most likely make more of this motif - I had been looking for a motif that I could make using various variegated threads. I think it would be very useful to use one motif with different threads to see how they work up. I had been looking for such a motif and I think I might have finally found it! Thanks to Fox, for making it and bringing it to my attention!

I had thought about making the same motif with different threads for a while, but ever since I started to dabble in variegated thread, this was more and more on my mind. I was especially inspired by Tatskool's Hearts Desire that she makes in each of her colorways.

I figure this design is beg enough to get a good idea of how the colors flow but not so big that I would dread making it. Let's see how it works out!

3 comments:

  1. I find myself thanking Liyarra for exactly the same thing! I always find that I like to do the motifs she showcases on hr blog! We do learn from one another, don't we!

    Your motif looks great!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree this looks like a great motif to showcase variegated threads. Will we get to see them all?

    ReplyDelete