Sunday, December 6, 2009

Motif No. 22


Almost done with the challenge! It looks I will not finish in 1 year, but that's OK too. Finishing this little guy up last night was very fitting since we got our first dusting of snow for the year.

Motif No. 22 is the 12th day of Christmas from 24 Snowflakes in Tatting (Lene Bjorn). Judging by the other blogs, it seems to be a popular choice of snowflake patterns these days! I ended up liking this pattern a lot more than I thought I would. I was almost dreading making it, because the photo did not speak to me at all. At times like this, I am happy that I am just working my way through the book instead of randomly picking and choosing. Occasionally I get pleasantly surprised. The other pleasant surprise was the thread. It's one strand of a DMC metallic floss. When I first split the skein I wasn't too crazy about the color - it looked dull to me. Once I started working, I grew to really like it. It still seems a bit dull when I look at it by daylight, but when I look at it at night it really sparkles nicely.

The fall cleanup/yardwork is finally done. The only reason I say finally is that I'm not sure how much longer our town will continue to pick up leaves. I'll miss the raking though - until spring, that is, when it's time for spring clean up:) I just hope we won't have much snow to shovel this year. As much as I love raking (and mowing to a slightly lesser extent), I am not too crazy about shoveling snow. Mainly because I cannot do it on my own schedule! My biggest fear is having to shovel out the driveway before I go to work in the morning. With raking, I know that no matter how many leaves there are in the yard, they can happily wait until the weekend. Not so with snow.

2 comments:

  1. I just found my tatting of this snowflake on the top of my entertainment center today when I cleaned it off to move! Great job! I remember this one was a challenge to keep everything evenly tensioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks wonderful, I will like that one. great that you are tatting them too.Encourages me to go on.

    ReplyDelete