Friday, July 10, 2009

Why you shouldn't make lace when tired...

I really need to learn not to make lace when tired.  I have made so many mistakes in the last week or so when I tried to make lace even though I was so tired my eyes were crossing.  Some examples are:

-Honiton: snapped several threads.  I am blaming it on being tired because even in my first piece, I only snapped one thread.  I'm still so new to Honiton and the fine thread that I have too keep reminding myself not to yank too hard.  When tired, I tend to only focus on not making mistakes and forget about the handling thread gently

-needle lace: I am working on a piece with padded cordonnette and I accidentally cut off the cordonnett when cutting the padded cords.  Oops.

-tatting:  way too many mistakes for comfort.  I will mention some of them when I post the motifs I completed last month.  Yeah, I'm late.  And I haven't even started working on this month's motifs.  There is also a mistake in the last round of the doily I posted last week.  I don't think it will be noticeable until I block it though (if I block it).

I have been making lace, just don't have much to show.  I finally finished the ends to last month's motifs - all I need to do now is scan them in.  Hopefully my needle lace project and my newest Honiton piece will be finished soon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment