The 2 motifs I want to complete in July for the 25 motif challenge should be completed by the end of next week. I just started one last week. It's a really pretty design, and if the thread wasn't so horrible to work with, it probably would have been done by now. I haven't even started the second motif yet. It's small, so I should have it finished by the end of the month....
I am also done with a tatted doily, but haven't sewn in the ends - I'll show that one as soon as it's done (and scanned, sometimes that's the limiting factor!). I am also almost done with my current bobbin lace and my current needle lace projects.
Veggie update: my cucumbers are growing like weeds! I need to restake them every few days now! Funny, considering that they were an impulse buy, and for a while I thought I was in over my head, but so far they seem very happy. Earlier in the week I was saying to my husband that we now have enough to make a small jar of pickles:) Now they are almost too big and would no longer fit in a jar! (Not that I would bother making pickles - too much work!) I also think their blooms are very pretty. The tomatoes are also growing. It seems like they are taller every time I look at them! Unfortunately the blight is really bad in this part of the country. Apparently some seedlings form big box stores were infected:( I got most of my seedlings from our neighbor, so I assume those are safe. I did buy 1 seedling from a big box store though. I hope they'll be OK. I don't want to spray them, so I'm pretty much waiting and taking my chances. The pepper plant is *finally* starting to show some tiny peppers. It's not doing too well, and I will be happy if I get 1 pepper out of it:) I have my doubts about the carrots and the radishes that I sowed (for the second time) have just sprouted. As I long as I correctly identified what went wrong with the first batch, I should have some this time around. Supposedly radishes are easy to grow, but I'm not sure I would agree:) And of course, I am already planning my veggie garden for next year. I will definitely try to grow more veggies. I didn't want to start with too much for my 1st year. It's probably better (and less frustrating) to slowly build up my garden. Veggies are so cool!
This is a comment from the 25 Motif Challenge that I thought you might like to see and respond to.
ReplyDeleteDena Lenham said...
Your tatted work is beautiful! The one made with Kreinik is eye-catchgingly sparkly... When you make projects using Kreinik threads, please share pictures on our Facebook page and post a link to your blog (we are Kreinik Manufacturing Company on Facebook) so that more stitchers can see your lovely proejcts.