Thursday, July 2, 2009

A finished WIP!

My Il Chiacchierino doily is finally finished!  The last round was finished on Sun.  The doily was my June grill dinner doily.  I only worked on it while waiting for our dinner to grill to perfection.  Below is a photo with 2 Clover shuttles for size.


Adding multiple pictures to a post ended up being *much* easier than I had thought.  I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier.  Mental block, obviously.


Towards the end, I was kind of rushing through and just wanted to get this done.  I made several minor mistakes in the last round, but for the most part, I would be hard pressed to find them.  

I think with proper blocking, the doily may lie flat.  Those big lacey picots that I like to make really don't work with this pattern.  Overall I still like the pattern and am happy I made it.  And it's another WIP that is now done! 

I know that my goal was to finish two motifs for the 25 motif challenge per month.  I finished one on June 30 and one last night.  I still need to sew in the ends for both of them and will post them once that's done.  


1 comment:

  1. That is a pretty pattern and it looks like it took a lot of time! I hope you show it after it is blocked, too! :)

    ReplyDelete