Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tiny bobbin lace star



This is probably the last metallic bobbin lace star for a while - I'm winding bobbins for a new project. I actually won't be using metallic thread:) This is one of the smallest stars in the book - it uses only 2 pairs. And as always, right when I thought that I had the petals down, I jinxed myself and made a horribly ugly one. More practice necessary! This little guy is also made with the mystery metallic thread. Whatever it is, it's fabulous to work with.

Veggie update: still eating the mesclun mix I planted! I also had to thin out the radishes. It just about broke my heart when I had to pull out over half of the seedling. However, on the plus side, the remaining seedlings shot up like weeds as soon as they were thinned out. My mom assured me that with practice, I will get better about the amount/spacing of seeds I sow. I guess that's what happens when you grow up in cities and then decide to start growing veggies without having helped and worked in the garden while growing up:) The carrots also sprouted, but don't quite have to be thinned yet. I'm sure that will also be heartbreaking. We also got 6 (!) tomato seedlings from our neighbor. That's in addition to the 1 I already planted. I think we will be eating tomatoes, tomatoes and more tomatoes come August. Of course, I am assuming they will all take:) Due to this unexpected influx of tomato seedlings, I decided not to get cherry tomatoes, even though I really love them. They really are nature's candy! I also bought cucumber seedlings at the nursery. That was more of an impulse buy and I think I might be in over my head...

1 comment:

  1. This is pretty.

    Thanks for the comment earlier on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete