
I think this is probably it for onion rings. Shown here is the third variation, where the two outer layers are made with chains. From what I have seen, the stitch count needs to be different whether the outer layers are made with a chain or a ring. Using chains for the outer layers gives the nicest results, I think. If I were to use this in a pattern though, I would make the chains smaller to make them fit around the inner ring a little better. Chains looks the best, because they stay put and lie flat. I've noticed that when using all rings, the rings tend to "stack" - if that makes any sense. The stacking could probably be overcome by changing the stitch count though. It would also be very dependent on the person tatting and on their tension.
I spent most of the free time this weekend working on my latest bobbin lace project. It's coming along nicely! Luckily it also didn't rain quite as much as they had initially called for, and I was able to get quite a bit of yard work done as well:)
Those onion rings look very pretty! Love the green and white combination. :)
ReplyDeleteYour laces are so lovely! I especially like this onion ring edging. Perhaps I'm awake way too late surfing tatting blogs, but I was reminded of the line from the movie Shrek: Ogres are like onions...they have layers.
ReplyDeleteLOL! Your layers look great! Hee, hee!
I would be delighted if you could join in a virtual tatting tea party I'm hosting. Can you find time for tea and tatting on Tuesdays?
Are you interested, come visit my tatting blog: ambitatterous.blogspot.com and drop me an email so I can send you the rules. (It's pretty simple.)