Monday, June 8, 2009

Motif No. 13



Another motif I finished last month and am just getting around to posting now.  This is "flower snowflake" from Tatted Snowflakes.  Although it wasn't the most thrilling piece to make, the final result is really pretty.  It really does look like a flower - a sparkly flower:) 

The only little modification I made to the pattern was to climb out of the center ring using a split ring.  Like the last time I did this, using the spool as a shuttle was a pain in the neck, but I didn't exactly want to wind a second shuttle for half of a (tiny!) split ring!

As all snowflakes from this book, it was made using Kreinik braid No. 4.

Veggie garden update:  the radishes sprouted!  This was the first time I ever sowed seeds and they actually sprouted.  I'm very excited!  Soon I will have to thin them out.  I am also waiting for the carrot seeds to sprout.  All the seedlings that I planted/acquired seem to be doing well so far.  And we are still eating my lettuce for dinner!  This is soooo much fun!

2 comments:

  1. That is a pretty motif! I have no patience for using Kreinik braid unless it's for a small detail.

    Congrats on the garden so far!There's nothing like your own fresh grown veggies. I need to start my own garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You tat very well with metallic thread. That is a lovely blue.

    ReplyDelete