The gift knitting mentioned in a previous post is complete and has made its way over to the intended recipient.
This is the same pattern that I used for the first pair of baby shoes I made. I should have read the post before I started making these though... I picked up the stitches for the sides differently and I think the way I made them in the first pair looks better (and makes for a slightly larger slipper).
The new parents did not know if they were having a boy or a girl. When I chose the yarn, it looked fairly gender-neutral on the skein, but as I finished the first slipper I realized there is an awful lot of pink in it! The new mom-to-be assured me she would not mind having pink slippers if it turned out to be a boy. As luck would have it, they had a girl so a little bit of pink does not matter.
I debated whether to start from the same part of the color way for the second slipper and in the end decided not to bother with that. The slippers do l look quite a bit different, but I think it's clear that they belong together:)
Made with Patons Kroy Socks yarn in Meadow Stripes.


No comments:
Post a Comment