One of my friends at work recently had a baby and we had a baby shower for her at work. I had initially hoped to finish this pair of slippers in time to give them to her at the shower, but that didn't quite work out. Despite this being an easy patter, I ran into some problems (well that, and I also started making them too late and did not have any wiggle room with time!). I still managed to complete them and send them to her before the baby came:)
This is another
Ravelry pattern that caught my eye when looking for patterns.
When making the first pair, I was not paying attention to the pattern and messed up the decreases at the top. I also didn't like the way I picked up the stitches for the sides. I picked up the first inside stitch which left a huge ridge on the inside of the slipper. I didn't think that would be comfortable to wear and I didn't like the way it looked if the ridge was on the outside. For the second round, I decided to pick up the actual outer stitch. I am not sure if that is the "proper" way to do it or not, but it looked better for this purpose.
I then had to start over multiple times because I kept mis counting when making the sole. That was definitely not fun!
After multiple wrong starts, I actually got a finished slipper at the end! For some reason I was not thinking properly and when picking up stitches along the sole, I only picked up on stitch in each row. Therefore I ended up with fewer stitches than the pattern called for. Because of that I finished the sides a row earlier than the pattern called for. I didn't want the foot opening to end up too small. It was only when I was almost done with the second slipper that I realized I could pick up more than one stitch per row! If I ever make these again, I will definitely do that.
Overall I think they ended up cute. The new mother liked them and I hope they fit the baby!
Made with Kroy Socks FX in Celestial Colors with size 3 needles (double point).
No comments:
Post a Comment