After making this year's second monster hat, my husband decided that he also wanted a green hat. I seem to recall a similar request after I made my very first monster hat! I roughly followed the same pattern I did for my husbadn's first crochet hat. I didn't keep very good notes though, so I am not sure what exactly I did.
This year when I made the hat, I realized that it looks like the hat does not just spiral from one row to another (not sure I'm describing it correctly, but it makes sense to me!). I tried to follow the instructions and eded up with a strange, not-quite-straight line down the back. If I do this hat again, I will just spiral from one round to another. I don't think it's as noticeable as I first thought, but it does bother me a little.
When I was making the hat, I thought a replica in green sounds pretty boring and I had planned on adding a large pompom on the top. At first I planned on adding it without running the idea past my husband, but then I decided that there is no point in making a pompom if he wouldn't wear it. Luckily he thought the pompom was a great idea!
The pompom ended up being a bit heavy - I made sure to make it nice and full. It hangs on the hat a bit funny, so I'll see how long it lasts.


:-) I know all about running it past husband before making it for him!
ReplyDeleteIt is beautiful and nice rich color too!
ReplyDelete