I think I will have to split this post into several posts, otherwise it may be a while before I can post something again. I recently upgraded my operating system and now the software that I had for my scanner no longer works. Apparently my scanner does not plan to support my operating system any time soon. In the meantime, I am looking at alternate options, mainly third party software.
This is the first time we proactively bought a new computer before our old one died, but it is still not a smooth transition to move from one to the other! Maybe it would be easier if I had more interest in computers, but I don't really. Until I have the scanner thing figured out, there will be no scans. If it takes a long time, I may have to resort to using my camera to take picture of small pieces of lace, but it's something I would prefer not to do.
I've been mentioning a large bobbin lace project (relatively speaking) that I have been working on. I took a few photos along the way. Not too many, but more than I normally do. Unfortunately I have one really horrible picture of the final piece taken with my lousy phone camera! I completely forgot to get a good picture with my camera!
Here are all my bobbins wound and ready to go. I may have mentioned this, but I really put off winding bobbins. It would have been much easier to star the lace way earlier than I did, but I kept putting off winding bobbins. I had almost exactly one year to complete this piece. Initially I had planned on giving myself ~ 2 months to wind bobbins. The two months turned into just over 6 months... Of course that cut into my lace making time quite a bit!
No comments:
Post a Comment