I had the best intention of completing this snowflake last year and posting it on new year's day. That obviously did not happen! Granted I didn't give myself a lot of time to finish it, but if I had wanted to, it could have easily been finished in time.
Truth be told, I did not make nearly as much lace as I normally do between the holidays. Part of the reason is that I took off less time from work and I had to work on/off for a good bit of the time. The main reason though is that I did not really want to make lace. Maybe I could say I need a break, but I've had a long break already! I am also getting a little burned out on making small tatted motifs. They are cute for sure, but a lot of times they are my default when I realize I haven't posted in a while. Although I liked the finished product, they are not as fun to make anymore. I need a break from small motifs! Having said that, I will probably get a second wind a complete a lot in the next little bit. If I do, that's fine and if not, that's fine too!
This little snowflake is one of
Renulek's designs and is very pretty. (Kind of fun to make too, despite what I said above!) It ended up ruffling quite a bit, but I could probably take care of that with blocking. Made with DMC Special Dentelles 80.
Some of the time on my hands from not making lace was wasted, but some was spent knitting and I will have another project to post soon.
Very pretty snowflake!!! :)
ReplyDeleteWe all need a break from time to time!! :)
I've always enjoyed all your small motifs! Hugs,
ReplyDeleteNinetta